Date: Saturday, November 9, 2019
Where: Ride starts & ends at Mazzio’s Italian Eatery (616 S. Roosevelt Ave, Burlington, IA)
Ride Details: At Mazzio’s, cyclists will be given a suggested list of items to be purchased at local area stores. Riders are encouraged to bring about $15-20 for their purchases and a bag / backpack to carry these items. Once all purchases are made, riders return to Mazzio’s with their goods and then are invited to stay for lunch & fun door prizes on behalf of Bike Burlington.
Route: There is no pre-determined route, however many riders travel together from store to store.
Helmet & Lights: A helmet is required for participation; bike lights are strongly encouraged.
Weather: In the event of inclement weather, this event may be cancelled but typically people bundle up & ride on! Please call into Bickel’s Cycling & Fitness (319.754.4410) or check the Facebook Event Page to confirm ride status.
Want to Contribute (but unable to ride): Any & all support is always welcomed! Here's a list of items we are looking to gather this year. Obviously, shop at your own discretion at an amount you are able to contribute. Drop off the items at Mazzios and join us for lunch & camaraderie!
- Shopko – Shampoo, Kleenex
- Fareway – Toothpaste, Toothbrushes
- Casey’s – Bars of Soap, Cough Drops
- Farm King - Deodorant
- Target – Packaged Tuna, Canned Chicken
- Walgreens – Canned Veggies, Canned Fruit
- Menards – Stuffing, Soup Mix, Crackers
- Dollar General – Cake Mix, Brownies
- HyVee – Noodles, Rice
- Wal-Mart – Instant Potatoes
- Cash Donations are always accepted, too!