It’s encouraged that people leave in time to get to the destination town before dark (so, generally that means no later than 5:30p.m). Average ride distance is ~ 25-40 miles (click HERE for long & short route maps).
If biking the full distance is a bit too much, Bike Burlington has their school bus that leaves Bickel’s at 6p.m; people are welcomed to ride the bus to a certain point in the route, finishing the rest of the distance on their bikes. This is a great option for new cyclists and families with young children!
Newcomers are welcome anytime! And if you find that you love the rides (as we’re sure you will!), Bike Burlington asks that you join the club so you can receive full membership benefits. Click HERE for a Bike Burlington Membership Application.
2018 Ride Schedule
- March 14, 2018 - Burlington, IA - Out n' Back Ride (north on Flint River Bike Trail to the end of Tama Road) - (Big Muddy's)
- March 21, 2018 - Burlington, IA - Out n' Back Ride (Parkside Brewery)
- March 28, 2018 - Burlington, IA - Out n' Back Ride (north/west on Mt Pleasant St. to Beaverdale) - (Bent River) - Cancelled due to rain
- April 4, 2018 - Cancelled due to frigid weather (where'd you go, spring?!)
- April 11, 2018 - Oakville, IA (The Piggybank)
Towns are announced weekly. For copies of route maps, click HERE.