Saturday, June 23 - Sunday, June 24, 2018
Come ride your bicycle with friends along the beautiful Mississippi River! An annual Bike Burlington tradition, the Mississippi River Ride has always been a fun time to get together. The ride also serves as a great training opportunity for RAGBRAI, too! So ~ in other words, it's an awesome 2-day, Wednesday Night Dinner Ride!
- Registration: Saturday, June 23 at 7a.m. at Westland Mall in West Burlington, IA (former JC Penny store, southeast parking lot).
- Ride Fee: $25 per person (includes campground fee)
- Route: On Saturday, riders will travel to Hamilton, IL via the Iowa side of the great muddy Mississippi River through Fort Madison, Montrose & Keokuk, IA. On Sunday, riders will travel back to Burlington via the Illinois side of the river, traveling through Nauvoo, Dallas City & Lomax, IL and then across the Great River Bridge.
- Maps: Available on Map My Ride (download file to phone &/or GPS unit). Friend request Pam Kershner at Username: decopk
- SAG Support: There is no road support nor SAG stops, however there are numerous places along the route for food and beverages. Bike Burlington will provide gear transportation to the campground & back as well as into Keokuk Saturday evening for dinner.
- Camping: Riders will camp overnight at the Wildcat Springs Campground in Hamilton, IL. There is a community pool (small fee to access) & free showers available. Riders will take the club's school bus to grab dinner together in Keokuk. Nick’s will provide cold beverages at the campsite.
- Sunday Breakfast: Bickel's Cycling & Fitness will provide a hot catered breakfast at the campsite on Sunday morning!
RSVP: Randy Wright - (319) 931-4510
Mississippi River Ride – Facebook Event Page