Enjoy some of the finest hospitality around with a bicycle ride through Van Buren County!
If you are looking for a chance to experience the warmth and friendly hospitality of the Villages of Van Buren, then come pedal your way across a portion of the Historic Hills Scenic Byway on this casual, family-oriented bicycle ride through Van Buren County, IA. Take in the beautiful and historic Villages dating back to the 1840's that are home to Van Buren's Mennonite communities. Come see the Milton Creamery or shop at the Dutchman's Store in Cantril, IA! With a variety of biking options available over the course of 2-days, you can pick & choose the route(s) you feel most comfortable while also enjoying numerous food & drink stops approximately 8-12 miles a part.
Routes will begin and end both days in Keosauqua, IA.
While the majority of the routes are on sparsely traveled, paved county roads, there are sections where riders will be sharing the roadways with vehicular traffic; for your own safety, helmets are strongly encouraged.
- Saturday - there are (2) designated route options (58-miles & 43-miles)
- Sunday - there is (1) designated route (50-miles)
Route maps will be provided at registration!
Walk-up registrations & check-in will be held at the Keosauqua City Park (100 Van Buren St, Keosauqua, IA).
- Saturday, August 17, 2019: 7-8:30am
- Sunday, August 18, 2019: 7:30-8:00am
*Early-Bird Registration is available through July 26th! Commemorative t-shirts are only available at this time.
T-shirts are non-refundable after July 26th. Registration & lunch fees are non-refundable after August 12th.
For further information &/or to register, please visit VillagesofVanBuren.com or call (800) 868-7822 or (319) 293-7111
- Both mornings (6:30-9a.m.), the Keosauqua Lions Club will be serving an all-you-can-eat pancake, sausage & scrambled egg breakfast in the Keosauqua City Park.
- Open to the public: $8 adults, $4 for children ages 5-10 & free for children 4 & under.
Great Giveaways & Chances to Win!
Riders will have a chance to win $100 cash, cool prizes as well as awesome bike gear & gift cards from Bickel's Cycling & Fitness by participating in the Fun Poker Run. Riders will draw cards at designated hospitality stops and try to build the best hand of poker.
Also, the Keosauqua Lions Club, First Iowa State Bank & Bickel’s Cycling & Fitness have partnered together to raffle a black Trek Domane AL 3 54 road bike valued at $950! Tickets are $5 each or 5/$20 and will be for sale during the Lions' Saturday morning breakfast (Aug 17th) and again that afternoon at the Pearson House. The winner will be drawn during the Lions' Sunday morning breakfast. You do not need to be present to win the bike. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit various Lions Club projects.
- Free SAG support is provided to all registered riders along with bottled ice water. Bickels Cycling and Fitness will be en route with riders both days to provide any technical support as needed.